Two families coming together can cause a great deal of tension. You are literally throwing strangers together in a situation that may be completely foreign to them. You might also be fostering a clash of styles and taste. To top it all off, you and your loved one might be smack in the middle of it. It is a situation twisted with disaster, debt, and possibly danger. Luckily for you, there are ways to defeat these evil wedding monsters and create the wedding of your dreams.
Here are some tips to help you relieve some of the wedding stress:
1. Organization. Even if you are the least organized person in the world, if you want to relieve some of the wedding stress, you must get organized. Write everything down. Keep forms with caterers, wedding dress designers, guests, tasks, shopping expeditions, and so forth in a tidy binder. There are plenty of wedding planning books on the market to help you achieve this organizational goal.
2. Go for a walk. The trick here is to use up stressful energy. Consider taking phone calls outside for a short walk. Walking also helps keep you in shape and get toned up for your big day.
4. Meditation. Take a few minutes a day to stop your thoughts by doing deep breathing exercises. By breathing deeply, you relax your mind and nervous system. Adrenaline slows down, making you feel good. Meditation is an excellent way to reduce wedding stress.
5. Laugh hard. Laughter is the best medicine. You can watch a funny movie or add a joke app to your phone. It helps will help you forget that the wedding invitations are late and put you in a good mood.
6. Take a warm bath. Dim the lights and put on soft music. By taking the moment to finally read that book on your dusty shelf, you will instantly be soothed to a better place where wedding stress does not exist.
7. Vino. One glass of wine is great. It will make you relax, but too much of a good thing is not good for you.
8. Chamomile tea or warm milk. These drinks naturally help you reduce the wedding stress and relax without the caffeine.
Do not underestimate the power of organization. When you get yourself organized, you feel like you’re in control again. You know exactly what is going on, and what you haven’t forgotten. Think of how embarrassing it will be when you forget a crucial part of the wedding on the day of the ceremony.
Check out more of our other wedding planning tool suggestions: CLICK HERE